Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Panamanian beach

I love sea because it is natural and very peaceful. I was told that there is a plan to visit beach this weekend. I expected it to be a typical beach like in chennai or mumbai. As we were passing through the road to reach Colon, the greenery just hit my heart. This is the real drive that everyone should pass by. On top of it I was given a chance to put on my Ipod music. Well, I hope my friends Marelissa, Gina and Edwin had good time listening to some Indian music. I was in the front seat watching all shades of green by the roadside and AR Rehman's music the other side. There was no speed limit and no one to stop us. This road is called 'corredor norte' (corridor north, its a freeway) which i feel is just another name for Greenery. My favorite blue honda city made our journey more lighter and smoother. I wanted to become Honda city's brand ambassador (hahahaaa).
As we approached interiors of the town called puertobelo, we visited a church there and it was called black christ. I'm listening to this theory for the first time because I just knew there is christ !! and it was my first visit to a church. We took pictures at nearby place which looked like remains of a fort after a war. It was cloudy with few drizzles where there is a big green mountain with disorderly grown thick trees to your right and sea water splashing to your left. Wowww wowww wowww!!... All trees on the road lined up straight and they grew in an order. People are happily enjoying fishing, jumping and diving into that water. It is really a place where everyone should pay a visit. Until then I was not aware that my friends decided to visit the actual beach ! Whatttt !!.. Are you talking about something more beautiful than this place? Is there another 'actual' beach that you are talking about? OMG...  I dont think the words 'thank you Marelissa' are sufficient enough for me to describe my actual thankful feeling. You agreed to take me to this island despite of the stressful long drive back home.

When we drove few miles towards the beach, I realised I'm living in a wallpaper world.. It is simply my desktop wallpaper. I used to download such pictures from internet few years back day dreaming about them and now I'm in it. Those neatly constructed curvy roads, green fields and fences, cloudy but sunny weather, fog covering half mountain, trees grown in a line, sea breeze hitting wild grass wildly, fantastic music by my side... what not ! I was in peaks of ecstasy.


We had to travel about a kilometer on a boat in the sea to reach the actual beach that my friends took me to. When we got onto the boat, it was not any small lake that I'm on... It is the Atlantic ocean and its all blue.. The real blue I always dreamt about... All shades of blue... As we travelled further on boat, I could feel I'm distancing from land, the waves were heavy and big. There was no level of water at any direction, it was all different at different places. When I placed my fingers in water I realised there is lot of difference between a normal lake and this big ocean because the water is just crystal clear. Fishes are running by the boatside and sea weeds are clearly visible.  Sun's glare on water waves were like electric guitar strings and this small boat journey was as pleasant as a rockstar playing slow music with an electric guitar. I could feel the tropical sea breeze, atlantic ocean and just my presence.

I was speechless, when we got into the actual beach called as 'mamey' (I hope it is rightly spelled). It is a small island surrounded by hard and soft sides of sea waves. The peace it gave me is worth nothing less than crying. I could offer nothing more than my silence .The other side of the beach was wild with rocks and splashes of water.

I felt this visit was really really needed. I lied on top of water sticking myself to a nearby rock. Every wave passing through me brought new thoughts in me. I'm changed .... I'm transformed. This busy life in Hyderabad surrounded by man made attractions made me grow and adapt myself away from nature. I'm away from that life now. Nature invited me to experience the realness. It showed me the difference between the kind of life I'm living in contrast to what I'm going through now.My heartbeat got excited with the water splashes. I dint want to talk and I had nothing to talk except for enjoying the awesomness of ocean. I now know how much I'm missing in my life and wonder about god made creations. People here are destined to have such peaceful and pleasant life. Nature just absorbed my unknown sorrow in split of a second. Until then I dint realise that there is always dissatisfaction involved in such a busy life. What are we achieving by running hard with time day and night ? ...

Every single water splash was like a virtual slap to make me understand the importance of personal life. I dont want to let go of this beauty my eyes captured. It just changed my thoughts and my perception towards life. The typical senior software engineer life, work like a machine and write programs for other machines, run with the competetive world, win awards, spend time with what is available here and call it enjoyment ... Yes, to an extent that is life too that anyone would experience.. But this experience is a need.. It is like a lightening lamp for unknown, low, deadened feelings ....

My friends Marelissa and Gina are god sent angels by my side. I have no words to thank them for this fantabulous beach visit. They understood and gave me my own space to feel nature's essence. 

The awesomest slippers episode ... All of us know that the island had harsh bushes and it is really hard to walk on bare foot. My friend Gina gave me her slippers and took care of me like a small baby in cradle... oh my god ..  How could you do that !!? .. It could hurt you too ... No words !! ... You are the best :-)

1 comment:

Neelakanta said...

It connected with me... good style keep it up.